Information for Landlords in Manitoba
If you are a new landlord or would like to rent out to newcomers to Canada, below are some information to guide you.
What Manitoba Landlords Need to Know is a booklet to help landlords run a smooth business. It presents landlords' rights and responsibilities including:
1. first step for new landlords
2. finding the right tenant
3. things to know about starting a tenancy
4. information during tenancy
5. information at the end of a tenancy
The Residential Tenancies Branch or RTB helps investigate, mediate, and
make decisions on disputes between tenant and landlords regarding
- security deposits
- the terms and conditions of a tenancy agreement
- notices to move, including notice for non-payment of rent
- privacy and payment of utility bills
Click here to visit RTB webpages for landlords.
View the Landlord's Guide before renting out a property.
The Winnipeg Rental Network provides information for landlords
called Landlord Guide, a simplified explanation of some key aspects of renting
in Manitoba. Click here to get there.
For quick notes about the following, click a printable page here.
- rent increase
- right of entry
- ending tenancy
- landlord and tenant responsibilities.