You are here

Moving to a New Home


Whenever you move it is VERY important to update your address. If you do not make these updates, your mail will continue to go to your old address.

Sign up for a mail forwarding service with Canada Post to continue receiving mails in your new address. Find more information here.


Some of the main agencies that need your new address are:

Canada Revenue Agnecy has your income tax information, Canada child tax benefit, GST/HST credit, universal child care benefit, working income tax benefit, etc. Change your address by filling out the form listed at the bottom of this page here.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada has your application for citizenship, permanent resident card, refugee protection, etc. Update your address by filling out the on-line form here.

Manitoba Change Address Service is an on-line tool that allows you to change your address at a number of participating agencies: Manitoba Government (Health, Healthy Living and Seniors, Municipal Government - property assessment services, Family Services' Provincial Services, and Residential Tenancy Branch) Hydro, MTS, and others. Click here to change your address. 

Manitoba Health Card and fill out the on-line form here.

Manitoba Hydro - If you are responsible for paying your hydro bills, inform Manitoba Hydro of your new address here. Or call 204-940-5900 for information on how to update your address.