Learn how money can work for you
What documents are needed to file tax returns at New Journey Housing
New Journey Housing is taking part in the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program 2020. You must have a simple tax situation to be eligible to our free tax filing service. To learn what simple tax is, click here: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/community-volunteer-income-tax-program/need-a-hand-complete-your-tax-return.html
Below is a list of documents we need to help you file your taxes. You may not have all of them, but scan those that you have.
Be sure to include receipts that pertain ONLY to the period January-December of previous year!
1. Manitoba health card (current)
2. If you were employed or receiving pension — T4 slips
3. If you were on EIA or social assistance — T5007 slip
4. If you had RRSP contributions, investments or interest income — T5 slips or RRSP contribution slip
5. If you were enrolled in an educational institution in Canada — T2202 slip — this slip includes student loan and all school-related expenses such as books, labs, etc.
6. Medical or dental expenses (receipts) for the whole family – basically includes prescribed medicines, eyeglasses, dental work. For further info, visit CRA website: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/deductions-credits-expenses/lines-33099-33199-eligible-medical-expenses-you-claim-on-your-tax-return.html#mdcl_xpns
7. Disability tax credit/ MB Caregiver credit — letter from MB Government
8. Child care receipts — name and address of licensed daycare centre
9. Charitable donations receipts
10. Rent receipts and landlord contact information
11. Rent Assist Notice
12. Bank void cheque for setting up direct deposit of refund and other benefits such as GST Credit, Canada Child Benefit, etc.
13. Notice of Assessment of previous tax year from CRA — you got this from the mail when you filed your previous year’s tax
14. if you bought your 1st house last year — Statement of Adjustment from your lawyer & the property tax bill.
15. IF you are coming to NJH on appointment, TIS60 for each adult – signed and “2020” written on the upper right corner box
16. Intake form – filled out as much as you can, but if you have questions and need help, call us at 204-942-2238 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Journey Housing
200-305 Broadway Winnipeg MB R3C 3J7
(Corner of Broadway and Donald. 2nd floor right above the Starbucks)
OFFICE CURRENTLY CLOSED. Staff are working remotely.
Monday to Friday: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm