Jan. 20th @ 6pm: Rental Workshop Part 2 : Rights/Responsibilities of both tenants and landlords, how to deal with pests, fire safety and information about Rent Assist!
About our Free Workshops
- Workshops run from 1.5 to 2.5 hours long (without interpretation). Language interpretation can be offered for free if requested prior to workshop.
- Workshops are scheduled according to our client’s needs.
- You may invite New Journey Housing to come to your office and teach any of the workshops for free. Contact us at email@example.com
- Topics covered: (i) rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords (according to the Residential Tenancies Branch); (ii) importance of paying rent; security deposits; (iii) move-in reports; (iv) pest control and prevention; (v) usual landlord expectations; (vi) being safe in your apartment; (vii) fire safety and prevention; (viii) utility bills, and many more.
- If you complete the rental wokshop, you will receive a “rental training certificate” which features your name and the information which was taught during the workshop. You may use this certificate when applying for rental housing. It can show potential landlords that you are serious about being a responsible tenant.
Home Purchasing Workshop
- Topics include: pros and cons of owning versus renting, mortgages, credit history, saving money on mortgages, possible mortgage payments, interest payments.
- If you have already purchased a home, you are still welcome to take this workshop to help you understand how mortgage works and help you save money on payments.
- Clients who have attended our home ownership workshop are eligible for getting help with finding a house to buy, home maintenance, or utility questions, etc.
Managing your Money Workshop
- Topics include: banking, credit, investment, registered savings plans, income and taxes, retirement income.
- We recommend you attending the Budgeting Workshop prior to this workshop, which is more advanced.
- Workshop covers valuable information that will help newcomers make wise decisions about their money and finances.
- This workshop covers basic budgeting and money management.
- Topics include identifying financial needs versus wants, saving money for large purchases, managing money for immediate needs such as rent or utility bills, understanding credit and credit cards.
SIGN-UP FOR ONE OF OUR FREE WORKSHOPS
New Journey Housing
200-305 Broadway Winnipeg MB R3C 3J7
(Corner of Broadway and Donald. 2nd floor right above the Starbucks)
OFFICE CURRENTLY CLOSED. Staff are working remotely.
Monday to Friday: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm